2016 Intermediate Piano Master Class
Saturday November 19, 2016 at 9:15-10:30am
Westminster Choir College at Rider University
Mr. Keith Porter-Snell will conduct the Intermediate Master Class at this year’s conference on Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 9:15am at the Westminster Choir College at Rider University. Mr. Porter-Snell is a pianist and teacher, who is most recognized by most music teachers for his published teaching materials.
Application for performance is open to teachers with any well-prepared intermediate-level student who could respond positively in a master class setting. If you wish to submit your student for selection, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Teachers may submit a maximum of two students to play in the Master Class. Students who have played in the 2015 master class will not be considered.
- Each selected student will perform ONE well-prepared and memorized piece, not exceeding 7 minutes long. The chosen composition should come from standard intermediate piano repertoire such as Baroque dances, Bach Inventions, Clementi Sonatinas, Beethoven Op.49 Sonatas, early Haydn Sonatas, Chopin’s easier waltzes, Schumann or Tchaikovsky Albums for the Young, Kabalevsky Children’s Pieces, etc.
- Teachers must provide the following information for each student:
- Title and composer of the composition to be performed
- Student’s name, age, and length of study
- Teacher’s name, phone number, and email address;
- Submit the required information to the chairperson Emily Lau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of October 31, 2016.
After the deadline, Mr. Porter-Snell will receive a list of submitted students with only their repertoire and ages. He will make the final selection of four students to perform, and two students as alternates. He will NOT have any knowledge of the students’ nor the teachers’ names. Selected students will have their names posted on the NJMTA website, and their teachers will be notified via email. No change of repertoire will be allowed after the selection. Please direct any questions or concerns to Emily Lau at email@example.com.